Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Bits and Bobs #16

Hi! It is time for another bits and bobs card! I have a huge bag of rub ons that I have not used in ages. I pulled them out and while I had them out I made three cards with them. Rub ons are a great way to add flair to your card. On the first card I started with two different sheets of rub ons, but the sheet on the left must have been too old and it would not transfer. I wanted to use the music script. So I ended up using several of the rub ons on the sheet at the right.


The rub ons on this card are the swirls and two small butterflies at the top. After applying the rub ons I ran the card through an embossing folder. I found an oval piece of painted chipboard in my stash and stamped an old butterfly stamp on it. I added flowers and a ribbon scrap to make the bow. I don't think I have ever made a green and red card except for a Christmas card! This is why I like to make bits and bobs cards because you really don't go in with a plan and just try to match things as you go along, pulling things from your stash. You never really know how a card will turn out.


I have a hard time making simple cards because my thought is the "more the better!" Lol!  But I think this card came together pretty well. The flowers are rub ons. I found the cat in my image stash that I had already stamped on orange paper, so I pop dotted him to the card. Then I stamped a very old saying I have had for years.


Here is my last card. The circles are rub ons. I also found the typewriter in my image stash. I fussy cut it and pop dotted it on the card. Kids these days probably don't even know what a typewriter is. I got a portable one when I was in high school and I took it with me to college and used it a lot! Those were the days. Really old school!



I hope you enjoyed seeing my bits and bobs cards today. If you have any rub ons, pull them out and see what you can create with them. I had a lot of fun with mine.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!



2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

You sure had fun with those rub-ons! These three cards came out great!

Conniecrafter said...

You did a fantastic job with the rub ons, I have mainly black and white ones but I really need to get them out again! Love your typewriter, yep I took typewriter classes in High School, those were the days that's for sure!

Blog Archive