Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Bits and Bobs #20

Hi! I hope you are having a good day. I want to show you a bits and bobs Fall card I made. I have been finding some interesting things in my stash since I started this bits and bobs series this year! I found a pattern book for paper piercing that was written in Swedish! Now my friends will tell you that paper piercing is NOT what I like to do, but I searched through this book and found a simple pattern and endured to the end! LOL! I laid the pattern over green card stock and placed them on a mouse pad so that I could poke holes with a pin.



This process is time consuming so that is why I used this simple frame pattern. I liked how it turned out.


I sponged on a little Distress Vintage Photo ink over the top of the piercing so that it would stand out a little more.

The gourds ( Just For Fun ) and leaf ( Rubber Stampede ) were already stamped and embossed in my stash, so I fussy cut them and pop dotted them in the frame. I added old rhinestones and a lace border to finish the card.  



Thanks so much for stopping by. It is time to get all those Fall cards made. I hope I have inspired you to make some using your old and interesting stuff! Have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

heARTful Challenge:  Anything Goes + Stamp
Stamping Sensations:  Autumn Glory

8 comments:

brenda said...

A really lovely Autumnal creation for our October theme at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Shona Erlenborn said...

That paper piercing is so cool. Of course I was thinking paper piecing subconsciously, so was wondering where this was going!! LOL Terrific colors on this gorgeous fall make!

Lynne K said...

A gorgeous autumn design! The paper piercing is so pretty and makes a lovely frame. Thank you for sharing your beautiful project with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Beverly S. said...

Good job with your paper piercing! Your card turned out beautiful!
I love your stamped gourds and leaf plus the lace is the perfect finishing touch. :) Hope you are enjoying your fall.

R's Rue said...

Love.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, it may have taken some time to do but it really looks great framed with the piercing!

Kim S said...

Wow! You paper pierced! Now, wasn't that fun? LOL Finally a use for those lousy pins :D Great job on the card!

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Blog Archive