Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Butterfly in Pink

Hi and welcome to my blog. I want to show you a card I made using an Inkadinkado butterfly stamp. The butterfly was part of a scene, so I fussy cut it to stand alone on this card. I colored it using white and pink Liquid Pearls to give it a bit of shimmer. I used pearls for the butterfly's body.




The pink circle was made using a Martha Stewart butterfly corner punch. I stamped a script stamp on the pink and white circle backgrounds. Enamel dots and pearls were added randomly on the card. I haven't used fibers in a long time. I rummaged through my fiber bag and found some to make a bow with.

The light pink background was made by using a resist technique. I pounced plastic wrap into white Liquid Pearls and then pounced it on white card stock. When it dried I sponged over the card stock with pink Distress ink. The Liquid Pearls acted as a resist.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!

Challenges entered:

Frilly And Funkie: Dare To Resist
Sugar Peas:  Mix It Up #40

12 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty and technique heavy card! I like the mother of pearl technique in the background. It goes so well with the butterfly!

Claire said...

Pretty card and the fibres add a fun element x

~amy~ said...

So pretty, great fussy cutting!
Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

Zoe Hillman said...

Pretty card. Thanks for joining us for the "Dare to Resist" challenge over at Frilly and Funkie.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the resist background April and your beautiful butterfly. Such a gorgeous color palette too!

Mrs A. said...

Such a lot of lovely techniques used on this card. I like the fussy cut butterfly and all the different pinks. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Conniecrafter said...

so many great techniques and I love that butterfly, the circle butterfly you did is so neat with that punch!

sarascloset said...

Very cool resist technique, and a fabulous card resulting! Love That delicate butterfly! Thank you so much for playing along at Frilly and Funkie and for letting us know how you resisted! Hugs!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a fun resist technique! Your layered card is so very pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Dare to Resist" Challenge!

Suzanne C said...

Sweet and charming card. Lovely resist effect! Thank you for joining us in our "Dare to Resist" challenge Frilly and Funkie.

Lesley said...

Oh wow, April. This is such a lovely card! The butterfly and french script is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs.

Kerin said...

Very pretty! I love the soft colors. Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

Blog Archive