Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Friday, March 1, 2019

Hello

Hello and welcome to my blog! I love techniques and I decided to use a very old, but fun technique on this card. I enjoy bringing back some old techniques because they feel like new after not using them for awhile!


I used the Joseph's Coat technique on this, but instead of sponging the background with different colors, I used patterned paper. I stamped the Peacock Feather from Just For Fun Stamps, onto the patterned paper and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next I used Faded Jeans Distress ink and coverd the whole card with the ink. Next, I wiped off the excess ink from the image and the patterned paper popped through the image. I like that with using the blue ink, that you can still see the patterned paper under it. I think this method gives the feather a ghost effect. I added a die cut Hello (no brand) to the card.

Hop on over to the Just for Fun store to see all the great stamps they carry. Click on the link here to see their newest stamps!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge:  March 2019
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday:  Anything Goes #376 - #377

7 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a great result with this one April! Love the peacock feather!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty! I love this technique!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is gorgeous. So many cool elements, and the peacock feather is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing with us,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Conniecrafter said...

I like the idea of using patterned paper with this technique, great idea!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful feather and you got a great result on paper-I tried this technique for the first time a few months ago-but I agree about old forgotten techniques should be brought back
Carol x

Lin said...

A wonderful variation on this technique, April, with lovely results! Thank you for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Catie Cuddles said...

What a great use of the patterned paper.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
Happy crafting?
Catherine x DT

Blog Archive