Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Friday, May 17, 2019

Birthday Shaker Card

Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you are enjoying this month of May. May is always a nice month here. After May is gets really hot and humid here in the South! Today I want to share a fun shaker card I made with Just For Fun stamps. I made this shaker card flatter in order for it to go through the mail. The sequins still move around well inside.



For the background I used Color Bursts and spritzed them with water. Next I placed sequins on the background and adhered a piece of acetate over them, just gluing around the edges. I cut the blue frame using the Gina Marie Stitched Regtangle die and adhered that over the acetate. I colored the Stamptangle Seahorse using Zig markers, fussy cut it and adhered it to the front of the card. I made a banner and stamped the saying on it and sponged some black ink around it. The saying is from the Sentiments 1 unmounted sheet.

I hope that you will join in this month's challenge. The theme is -- celebrate the women in your life!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

Love To Scrap:  #121 Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Stitches

6 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, April! You never cease to amaze me with your gorgeous, colorful creations, and mixture of techniques to make such fun projects! The tropical colors in this ocean beauty are extra lovely in this shaker element! WOW! Wish I could craft with you and copy your techniques/styles. Thanks for the inspiration! hugs, de

April said...

Thanks, Donna. You are so sweet!

Conniecrafter said...

Love your great color burst background, great with your seahorse!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a fun, bright card. Love that you made it a "flat" shaker. Cute wonky stitched frame too.

Sue said...

Wow, love the background you created and who doesn't love a shaker card. Seahorse is colored up beautifully too. Love all of it, nicely done, April.

Hugs
Sue

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Bright, cheerful and fun card! The background is beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at LTSCB
Tina dt

Blog Archive