Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Handmade Background #2

Hi Everyone! Welcome to my blog. I am back with my handmade background series, card #2! I have decided that I will post this series of cards on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays so that I don't interfere with other challenges.

I wouldn't really call this one a handmade background, but I did choose the color of foil to go on this background. I started with a snowflake printed background, used a multi -colored foil of silver and teal and ran it through my laminator.



You can see the shimmer of the foil and the sparkle on the snowman better in this picture.


The image is from a retired Penny Black set called To All.... This set is new to me because I bought a few retired sets at a stamp show recently.  It was colored with alcohol markers. I used the Wink of Stella clear glitter pen on the sonwman's body and a silver paint pen on his skates. The image was cut out using the Gina Marie stitched circle die.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

The Artistic Stamper:  Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers:  Anything Goes #248
Pammies Inky Pinkies:  Anything Goes #2003

10 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The red and teal looks so pretty together, especially with the foiled background. The snowman is so cute!

Glenda Atkins said...

A lovely designed card with an adorable image and a wonderful colour theme. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers 'Anything Goes' challenge!
hugs
Glenda

Lin said...

Starting on next year's Christmas cards already. Such a fabulous design. I love how your made your own gorgeous background.

Thank you so much for sharing in our first challenge of the new decade, and good luck!

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

Conniecrafter said...

He is so cute and I love your foiled background!! Pretty bow to top it off

Judy McKay said...

Very pretty designed card. Love the details. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this month. Judy dt

KarinsArtScrap said...

sweet and wonderful card April

Gr Karin

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the foiled effect! So sparkly! Great little image too!

Bunny said...

Beautiful card. Glad I got to see the foil. It's lovely. [Bunny]

Vickie Y said...

Adorable image and card! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

Helen said...

Such a cute card!
Thanks so much for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Blog Archive