Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, January 13, 2020

Handmade Background Card #1

Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you had a Happy New Year! Each year I have a series on my blog so that I can try to use up my many craft items! I know I never will, but I try to make a dent anyway. LOL! I will show my background cards every 2nd and 4th Tuesday. I hope that you will drop by often to take a peek.

This year's series will be all about backgrounds. I love trying techniques and I have made hundreds of card backgrounds. I am starting off with a fun background that I made using acrylic paints.


For this background I swiped purple, blue and white paints over the card in a horizontal and vertical direction using a credit card. After it dried I brayered some white paint on bubble wrap and patted it on the swiped background.

I used an image a stamping friend sent me. I colored the scarf and carrot nose with alcohol markers. I added Sparkle embossing powder to the snowman's body. He was cut out using the Gina Marie stitched circle die. The snowflake is a Cuttlebug die and clear Stickles glitter was added to it for sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day!

Challenge entered:

The Artistic Stamper:  Anything Goes




8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

very sweet April
Gr Karin

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great background April and I love the sparkly little snowman!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Such a neat background. I love that the acrylic paints build on one another so nicely. The colors go great with your snowman. TFS!

Bunny said...

Great background. I love the sparkle on the snowman. [Bunny]

Conniecrafter said...

Makes for a great winter background, like how you used the bubble wrap with it! too cute!

taag company said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
taag company said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
creationsnz said...

HI April, I love your made background, and it is nice to get a reminder about using up stuff. It's a lovely card which will give pleasure and a smile to someone. CarolG

Blog Archive