Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Handmade Background #9

Hi and welcome to my blog. I have another background card to show you. I love working with stencils and I just love this layered stencil. I had 2 of these backgrounds in my stash. The other one was sponged with greens and blues. I thought this one was better for the month of May!


I used the first stencil layer that had more open areas and sponged various pinks and yellows in lighter shades of Oxide inks. I laid the next stencil on top of this and used darker shades of pinks and yellows. This is now my favorite stencil!

I found the butterfly image from Sparkle N Sprinkle in my image stash. I had stamped it on acetate and colored the back side with alcohol inks. I fussy cut it and added it to the card. 

I cut the Hello by Tonic out of black and salmon card stock and added it to the top of the card. Bits of ribbons were added to the bottom along with enamel dots.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

Let's Craft and Create:  Ribbons, Lace, Twine #159

4 comments:

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Lovely card! Your background give me the spring feeling, the butterfly, sentiment and ribbons make it complete! Love it!!
Have a wonderful day! Hugs

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love the blending of the colors! The butterfly works perfectly with it, like your layering of the ribbon and paper!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a beautiful make, April. The colors on the butterfly are perfect for that gorgeous stenciled background!

creationsnz said...

Wow amazing stencilling April. Love it. CarolG

Blog Archive