Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

C is for Chalks

Hi! I am showing another card today for my alphabet series. Today the letter is C and I am using chalks. I have been moving and most of my craft supplies are at the new house. So making this card was a huge challenge! I found a background in my stash where I had used the floating chalks technique. I scraped various colors of chalk on top of a pan of water and dipped my card stock into it. I really like the fun background that it made. I also had this cute House Mouse already colored and die cut so I matted it onto a piece of black card stock. I used a letter stencil for the word love and a strip of patterned paper to add some interest. Talk about having to use my brain! I really had to think a lot about this card!


Stamp:  House Mouse - Stampendous
Chalks
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
Spellbinders Die - Labels 8
Stencil - Letters - Tim Holtz

Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Valentine's Day!

Challenges entered:

Stamping Sensations:  Animals, Birds and Creatures or AG
We Love Stamping:  Romance

6 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You really thought creatively to come up with chaulk. Great one. I really like how your background turned out!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That stamp is adorable and the background technique sounds really interesting!

brenda said...

A very sweet House Mouse card for our Romance theme at We Love Stamping, many thanks for joining us.

B x

Conniecrafter said...

Your background looks terrific, and the mouse is just too cute, I can't even imagine trying to get my stuff moved and still be able to make a card, you did great!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

This is such a cute card! The background is really cool. Perfect for a simple image over the top. Great job meeting your own blog challenge (C - chalk) as well as other challenges, and with limited supplies.

Mervi said...

Fabulous and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping;-))m

Blog Archive