Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fall Tag

Hi Everyone! I hope you are enjoying your day. The weather is getting cooler and Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I want to show you a Thanksgiving tag I made for Tim Holtz's Tags of 2014 challenge. You can see Tim's demo here. I just love the colors this time of year, even though most of the leaves have passed their peak and are falling to the ground.



Isn't this a beautiful pumpkin? I stamped the image on metal and paper pieced it or should I say "metal pieced" it? LOL! The leaves were colored with Distress inks and a water pen. 



For the background I swiped the tag through several colors of acrylic paint that had been spritzed with water. I ran the tag through a leaf embossing folder and enhanced the leaves by sponging Gathered Twigs Distress ink over them. I used the Tim Holtz Collection Bubble stencil over the background and sponged on Versa Mark ink. I then added Candlelight embossing powder courtesy of Sparkle N Sprinkle. 




Thank you for stopping by today. I hope your day is full of good things! 


Entered in Tags of 2014 Challenge - November 


2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is gorgeous April! The metallic pumpkin looks amazing!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, April - I love your tag! beautiful colors and composition, and it makes me feel Thankful for the blessings in my life - the beauty of Nature as I gaze out my window, and the beauty of life around me. Thanks for sharing your fabulous design. I have pinned you! hugs, de

Blog Archive