Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, June 3, 2019

Just For Fun June Challenge

Hello and welcome to my blog. As a design team member for Just For Fun Stamps I am hosting this month's challenge to use a stencil! I love working with stencils because there are so many ways to use them on a project. For example you can sponge through them, use stencil pastes, stamp through them, use them with the gelli plates and so much more! I would love to see what you do with them.





I must say when I use this '57 Chevy stamp I always think of my dad. I remember the long trips we took each summer in his '56 Chevy to go visit my grandparents. We also traveled Route 66 for awhile on the way!

I made a retro background by rotating a stencil. The picture below shows the original look of the stencil.



First I sponged on Wild Honey Distress ink.



Then I turned the stencil a one quarter turn and sponged using Aged Mahogany Distress ink.


This is such a fun way to use a stencil. You never know what look you will get. I then used the Spellbinders Labels 4 die to cut out a shape from this piece.

I stamped the Open Highway background stamp and cut and colored the Route 66 sign and pop dotted it to the card.

 


I also stamped the City Skyline stamp behind the shape.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope that you will join in this challenge and let us see all the creative ways you use a stencil!

Have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

Addicted To Stamps:  # 175 For A Boy/Man
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

3 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love this April. From the cityscape in the background, the double stenciled background and the Rt. 66 sign. Fun card!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

April, I really like how different of a look you got just by stenciling in two directions. This card is really fantastic!

Conniecrafter said...

very cool way to use the stencil, love the old car too!

Blog Archive