Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Flower Girl

Hi Everyone! Thanks for stopping by today. I am really looking forward to Spring and it's right around the corner! It seems that winter came late for us, so we are having cold weather when we should be warmer! Here is a card I made recently using the Sparkle N Sprinkle stamp, Catherine 0900-164M. I made flowers that I cut with a die from a coffee filter. I stamped the coffee filter all over with Versa Mark ink and added Candlelight, Cerulean Star and Antiquities embossing powders also from Sparkle N Sprinkle. When you heat set the embossing powders the coffee filter looks waxy and shimmery. You can see the instructions for this technique here. I am looking forward to a warmer weekend as they are forecasting! I hope you have a good one!






8 comments:

Beverly Baxley said...

I love the glimmery pearly coffee filter flowers. Very nice card.

Donna Ellis said...

Wonderful design, April, and gorgeous flowers with the coffee filters (I need to try that technique soon). I like the glitteriness in Catherine's hair, too - so pretty with the die cuts and embossing folder! Lovely card!

Shona Erlenborn said...

The colors on the flowers match your card perfectly April. Love the embossed background too. Very pretty!

Anne Temple said...

Beautiful card and color combo. Love the way the flowers look. I'll have to try that soon.

Brenda said...

Gorgeous flowers! Love using coffee filters for them with embossing powder - they seem so light and airy - great color scheme

Sue said...

Great colors and she is beautiful.

Hugs
Sue

Little K Smith said...

Oh this is beautiful April, such a gorgeous image and I love the dies too!
Kelly.x

E. Marie said...

Beautiful flowers to enhance your lovely card. Love it.

Blog Archive