Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, February 24, 2014

By The Sea

Hi Everyone!  I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to warmer weather and being outdoors. It has been very Spring like here the last few days, but it will be getting colder they say. I want to share a card I made that helps me to think about summer. I used the new  Sparkle N Sprinkle Mermaid Kisses stamp set 529. Isn't she lovely?  I did not have a large shell die, so I made one using a scallop circle die. I cut off 3 of the scallops at the bottom of the circle and scored in between the scallops to the bottom center of the die to make it look like a shell. I used a flesh colored marker to enhance the lines. Next I patted the "shell" all over with a Versa Mark ink pad, sprinkled on Sparkle embossing powder EP107 and heat set it. Blue Jewel glitter G1113 was used around the edges if the card, flowers and rock.




I use Sea Glass Mudd Puddles under the mermaid. I love using this product. The pieces are in a clear glue that you pat on with a pallet knife. I added in a few small seashells with them to add more interest. For further instructions on how to make this card, please click here.




Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope your day is a good one!


April


Challenges entered:

Amusing Challenge:  Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody:  Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday:  Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door:  Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown: Anything Goes

7 comments:

Brenda said...

beautiful shell! ingenious... love the hot pink and the mesh and Mudd Puddles are a perfect accent

Anne Temple said...

Beautiful card and your shell creation is so clever. Sparkle embossing powder is one of my favorites. Love the added Mudd Puddles too.

Kimberly S said...

How gorgeous! Such a pretty mermaid, and I love the seas glass and little shells! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Tuesday Throwdown Challenge! hugs, Kimberly

Mayras Designs said...

This is stunning April !! I love the colors !! You won a stamp set from 3 twenty crafts , for the comment you left on my blog , yay !

Hugs,
Mayra

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great card April. Love the shell idea! Very clever! The Mudd Puddles and the netting are a gorgeous finishing touch.

Shirley said...

Wow, April, your mermaid is beautiful! I really like how you did the shell and the net piece really makes her pop too!

Donna Ellis said...

April, she is magnificent! NEVER would I have used that bright hot pink, and it's PERFECT! Love the contrasting gorgeous turquoise colors and the amazing textures you've put in place. Wonderful card! hugs, de

Blog Archive