Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tissue Paper and Pearl Ex Powders

Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a good day. It is sunny and warm here today and it is putting me in the Spring spirit! I want to show a flower card I made recently for a Two Peas Winterfest challenge. I love techniques so I really enjoyed doing it on this card.

Squirt out some school glue onto a craft sheet and brush the glue onto a piece of dark card stock. I used purple card stock. Crumble up a piece of white tissue paper, uncrumple, and lay it over the glue. You can smooth the tissue paper some with your brush (I used a foam brush so that the tissue paper would not tear too easily) or you can leave it more crumpled if you want more texture. That is what I did on my piece. I also brushed on more glue over the top of the tissue paper so that the Pear Ex powders would adhere to it better.

I used 3 colors of Pearl Ex powders and flicked them over the tissue paper with a small paint brush. I used teal, white and gold colors. Let this dry and now you have a beautiful shimmery and textured background!


It was fun using some new stamps I purchased recently. The flowers were stamped using TH2Os. I used gold embossing powder around the die edges.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!


Challenges entered:

ABC Challenge:  F is for Flower
Crafting From the Heart:  Anything Goes/Use a Flower
Die Cut Divas:  Girly
Great Impressions:  Floral Image
Through the Purple Haze:  Embossing



20 comments:

Kandy's Krafts said...

Beautiful card and ingenious method of creating backing paper. Thank you for joining us at CFTH challenge.

Brenda said...

love the soft colors - the pearl-ex powders and the TH20s were a perfect match!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card April, and your technique turned out great! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions.

Blueboreale (Aurore) said...

Très jolie carte !
Merci pour ta participation à crafting from the heart challenge
Bises

Mynn xx said...

This is AWESOME! LOVE the fun technique you used and the fabulous cool tones--this is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! :) HUGS and enjoy the rest of your week! Mynn xx

Arlene said...

Very cool technique. Lovely.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Shona Erlenborn said...

So pretty April. Love the background technique and it goes great with the TH20s!

Crafty Judith said...

Hi hun really pretty creation - thanks for playing along at CFTH and have a great day x

Anne Temple said...

This is so pretty and a fun technique. Thanks for the step by steps.

Sparkly Engineer said...

Gorgeous card, love the colors and textures.

Mary Anne
Great Impression DT

Mayras Designs said...

This is beautiful !!! What a great look and technique !!!

JoanieMc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoanieMc said...

Very lovely card! I like the colors used and design. Thanks for joining Throughthe Purple Haze Challenge!

Hugs
Joanie

butterfly dream cards said...

This is what i would call a wow card......love every bit of it and the colours are right up my street.

fiona DT
TTPH

verybellemakes said...

Thanks for sharing such a great technique, must give it a go soon! Thanks for joining the Crafting From The Heart Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

Victoria DT

Esperite said...

So beautiful, love these colours, thanks for sharing with us at Through the Purple Haze, Lynne DT xxx

Donna Ellis said...

wow wow wow! LOVE this, April! How gorgeous your background is! I want to try this! beautiful card. hugs, de

Unknown said...

Wow! Great result with the tissue paper :) Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at Through the Purple Haze Challenges :)
Eithne DT

Ann-Marie said...

A very pretty card. Thank you for sharing with us over at ABC Challenge. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

Shirley said...

Wow, April, your BG is out of this world. TFS how you did it and the embossing of the edges, the colors, and the H2O's are wonderful too! Very pretty!

Blog Archive