Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, February 10, 2014

Spring Is Coming!

Hi Everyone!  I want to show you a Spring card I made recently with the new Spunky stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle called Spunky & Bug 523. Yes, Spring is around the corner even though it may not feel like it! We are gearing up for a snowstorm here! I am looking forward to Spring; how about you? I saw this layout awhile back and knew I had to use it for this card. I made the "flower" card by using a Spellbinders small circle die for the center and using a large circle punch for the "petals."




Here is a close up of the butterfly that I cut from patterned paper using a die.




I heat embossed the saying and ladybugs using Black embossing powder EP 170. Pink Spirit Sparkle N Soft SS108 was used on Spunky's body.




I have enjoyed making cards using Spunky. He is such a cutie!  Be looking for another cute Spunky that will be revealed March 1st!


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


April

Challenges entered:

Craft-Dee Bows:  Anything Goes With a Bow
Crafty Hazelnut:  Patterned Paper
My Time to Craft:  Buttons and Bows
Robyn's Fetish:  Animals or Birds
Through the Purple Haze:  Anything Goes

16 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a creative way to use Spunky, April! This is really cute - love the flower shaped card and all the Springy details.

Donna Ellis said...

How darling, April! what a great way of using pretty designer papers and circles to make a flower shaped card! I love it! thank you for sharing! hugs, de

Kim. said...

Oh how sweet is this card, lovely image and beautifully made card shape. We have had snow here in the UK today, the first for us this winter! Thanks for sharing with us this week at My Time To Craft.
Kim xXx

Brenda said...

fabulous shaped card!!! you are always so clever :) love the pink on spunky

Anne Temple said...

Spunky is adorable in pink and I love her pearl earring! Wonderful card April.

Donna Maligno said...

What an inventive card, April! Love shaped cards. The addition of the bow, of course, makes it all (LOL!). Thanks for submitting to the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month!

Sherry said...

Love The Butterfly .. Beautiful Card .. Thanxx For Joining Us At The Robyn's Fetish Challenge This Week.Good Luck
Sherry @ Robyn's Fetish DT

Crafting with Darcy said...

Just absolutely fantastic! Love that senti......... Butterfly Kisses, Ladybug Hugs........just so sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
Darcy

Eret said...

April, you had brilliant idea to make flower shape card out of circles. Love it! Your pink Skunk is so pretty and her pearl earing is so nice. Fantastic card!
Hugs,
Eret

JoanieMc said...

Adorable!! I love the I made and coloring. Great design! Thanks for entering Through the Purple Haze Challenge and hope you come back often!!

Hugs
Joanie

Rebecca Deeprose said...

This is such a sweet card April! The image is charming and the embossing adds such a good touch~ The lovely bow with the butterfly is just right!!! So glad you joined us at Craft Dee BowZ!! ((hugs)) Rebecca

Mayras Designs said...

This is so pretty !!!!! I love how you made Spunky pink , perfect idea !!!

hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

what a beautiful shaped card. I love the cute image you have used. Thanks for joining us at TTPH - Becky DT

Lucy said...

A really pretty card. I love the alternative colours on this - you don't often see pink skunks :D

Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.

Lucy DT

Stacy Morgan said...

This is adorable. Oh my word... how fun and the sparkle is perfect. Darling card.

Shirley said...

What a great title! You couldn't prove it here!!! LOL ;-) Your card is so cute and pretty at the same time. I really like how you did your card shape!!

Blog Archive