Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Friday, May 25, 2018

Fractured Sky

Hi! I hope you are having a good day. I was not sure how to name this card. You can see why I called it Fractured Sky. I found this background in my stash where I had stamped the Just For Fun Broken Mosaic background stamp on watercolor paper and added clear embossing powder. I then dropped various colors of Distress inks into the open spaces and let them blend together using my water pen. Next I stamped the Skyline Silhouette stamp on white card stock using blue ink and fussy cut it. This stamp reminds me of the New York City skyline and the song New York! I pop dotted that to the background. I found the balloon embellishment in my stash and adhered it to a blue circle punched backing.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Please join the Just For Fun challenge this month which is to use more than one stamp! We would love to see your creations! Have a great day!

Challenges entered:

Simon Says Monday Challenge:  Inspired by a Song
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Use More Than One Stamp
The House That Stamps Built:  Anything Goes M2318




8 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Such a great card! I need to get that fractured background stamp!

Conniecrafter said...

very cool background, I tried to make my own fractured stamp, didn't turn out near this neat, love the colors!

Donna Ellis said...

What a fabulous background stamp, April! I love it! It certainly makes creating the amazing skyline very easy! Your card is awesome! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the background! Great colors that you used. The cityscape is awesome too! Wonderful card.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh my, that is one fun background! Love the way you used it as a sky for your city! So cool! Thanks so much for linking up to The House That Stamps Built!

Heather said...

Fabulous!! That background is so cool!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such an amazing card! The mosaic work you did in the background is really stunning. The color palette is soothing and kept things looking just perfect! The skyline is arranged so nicely with the fragmented background and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Mindy Baxter said...

This is gorgeous! I love that mosaic background and such beautiful shades of pink and purple. Thank you for joining us for Simon Says Stamp's more than one stamp challenge! Good Luck!

Blog Archive