Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Friday, August 10, 2018

Fishing Is The Life For Me

Hello and welcome to my blog. I want to show you a card that I used with a brand new Just For Fun stamp! This card is so fitting for my husband. We purchased a new boat this year and he has really enjoyed fishing off shore. We have eaten so many good fresh fish including mahi mahi, grouper, trigger fish, red and black snapper and wahoo!


I pulled out this fun background from my stash where I had dotted some white and blue acrylic paint onto purple card stock, then placed another piece of card stock over the paint and peeled the two pieces apart. The result were these wavy lines that reminded me of the ocean. I made a slit along the waves at the bottom using an exacto knife and placed the boat image down in the slit. The boat was colored using Tumbled Glass Distress ink and a water brush. I stamped the fun new saying at the top of the card.

This card also goes along with this month's challenge theme -- stripes. We would love for you to join the challenge! You might even win a gift certificate to the store!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

ModSquad:  Water
The Paper Girls:  Paint It!
Tuesday Throwdown:  Anything Goes #TT404
Word Art Wednesday:  Anything Goes #346-347

7 comments:

Kim S said...

That background was perfect for water! great job!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wonderful boat card! I love how you used the background!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fabulous make April! Awesome background - perfect for the fun boat!

Louca por porcelana said...

How beautiful!

Lisa D said...

Love this background!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow your technique turned out just beautiful, so cool. Great card for your hubby!

Beverly Baxley said...

This technique is very pretty.That is a nice boat stamp and the colors are great.

Blog Archive