Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, August 13, 2018

Shabby Chic #15

Hi! I am back again with another shabby chic card. I found the background in my stash and had an idea to use beach cabanas with it, but I did not have a stamp of beach cabanas. I was in a wonderful stamp store in Georgia called Impressive Ideas along with three of my good stamping friends. I asked them to be on the lookout for any beach cabanas and low and behold they saw one! This stamp by Pink Ink was perfect for my card!


The background was made by folding cream card stock like an accordion, swiping ink pads over the edges, then spritzing with water. When you open up the card stock, crinkle it a bit and you have a fun, distressed background! The image was stamped and colored using Distress inks and a water brush. I stamped grass by the cabanas and watercolored around them. The edges of the image were distressed using Tim Holtz's distress tool. I then sponged the edges with brown ink. I cut the tall grass using a Spellbinders die that was cut from brown suede paper. The saying is from Just For Fun Stamps.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!

Challenges entered:

Pink Fresh:  Summer
Simon Says Wednesday:  Distress It

1 comment:

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love this April! From the background, the fuzzy cattails to the fun little cabanas! The colors are fabulous!

Blog Archive