Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Friday, September 7, 2018

Lighthouse

Hi! I hope you are having a good day. I want to show you a card I made with one of the new lighthouse stamps that will be available soon at Just For Fun Stamps. This one reminds me of the lighthouse at Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. We took a trip there last summer. In 1999 the lighthouse had to be moved to safer ground, 2,900 feet inland. The move was a success! Can you imagine having the job to move such a heavy and tall structure? ( 200 feet tall and 5,000 tons! )


I thought this would make a good male birthday card. I found a background in my stash where I had used the shaving cream technique. 
I stamped the lighthouse directly on the background and colored with alcohol markers. I stamped the Tiny Flying Birds at the top. I used white embossing powder and glitter on the clouds.

I hope you will join in this month's "back to school" challenge. We would love to see what you make! You could also win a gift certificate to the store.

Have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

Simon Says Monday Challenge:  Stamp It On
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Stamp On It



4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fabulous! Love that shaving foam technique background!

Conniecrafter said...

That shaving cream background was so perfect for this and , neat idea to use the glitter and embossing on the clouds.

Maura said...

Lovely lighthouse scene. I like how you made your swirly background! Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and sharing your creative make! hugs, Maura

Anonymous said...

This looks so cool. I've never tried the shaving cream technique before. I love the way it looks with the lighthouse image. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Good Luck!

Blog Archive