Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Friday, November 9, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is right around the corner, so I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! I used a brand new turkey stamp from Just For Fun Stamps called Wild Turkey. We have had a flock of turkeys around our neighborhood for the past few months. It has been fun seeing them!



I colored the turkey using colored pencils, fussy cut it and pop dotted it to the background. The background was made by using a weave embossing folder and then swiping the raised areas with brown ink. I cut the leaves using the Memory Box Fresh Foliage die, cut from an inked background. I stamped the saying on the Spellbinders Fancy Tag die and sponged brown ink on the edges. The background was layered on red and brown card stock.

I hope that you will join in this month's challenge -- the theme is to use red, orange and brown on your project. You might even win a gift certificate to the store!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!

Challenges entered: 

2 Crafty Critter Crazies:  Challenge 20, Critter
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Thanks/Thanksgiving

6 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous make, April! Especially love the basket weave background - fabulous idea!

jimlynn said...

What a regal looking turkey! Fabulous card and love the background with that woven pattern too. It's always neat to watch turkeys out in the wild.
Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies challenge this month!
Lynn

Conniecrafter said...

I so love that turkey and your basket weave background looks great with it, love the colors in the foliage die too, lovely card all around!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wonderful card! I do love the texture in the coloring and all that texture in the background too. Great turkey card!

Sue said...

Hi April, what a beautiful Thanksgiving card. The turkey is beautiful and love the background, so much texture! We have a group who come down our street once in awhile, they are pretty ugly and so funny looking. Drives our dog nuts!! Have a great week.

Hugs
Sue

debby4000 said...

Fabulous Thankgiving card, love the basket background, works great with the Turkey.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Blog Archive