Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Handmade Backgrounds #7

Welcome to my blog! Here is another background card for my handmade background series. It has been fun going through my many backgrounds to see all the neat techniques I have done.


For this background I sponged Distress inks through a leaf stencil. I kept the stencil on my card stock and then stamped a script stamp over it using a Distress brown ink. I lifted off the stencil and it left a neat looking background! I have had this stencil forever and it is one of my favorites.

This bird is also and old stamp. I stamped the bird on white card stock by applying my brown and green ink pads directly to the stamp using my stamp positioner. The bird was cut out using the Spellbinders small circle die. I watercolored around the bird using Distress Wilted Violet ink. Next I sponged the edge of the circle with Distress Gathered Twigs ink. This was pop dotted to the card and cord and sequins were added to the card for interest.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed day!

Challenges entered:




6 comments:

Bunny said...

I love the colors of your card and the technique for the background is beautiful. [Bunny]

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a great technique you've used April. Love the result of the leaf stencil! What a pretty bird too! Awesome card!

Conniecrafter said...

That is just too cool, love the colors and technique, I think I have that bird too, love how you have colored it up.

brenda said...

You have created such a lovely card, suitable for so many occasions, thank you so much for joining in with our Easter theme and Allsorts challenge.

B x

Sarn said...

Fabulous inky techniques - thanks for sharing how you made this beautiful card. Might have to have at inking and stamping through a stencil myself now!

Sarn x

Mummylade said...

What a lovely project! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this time.

Blog Archive