Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Many Ways to Color #20 - Finger Daubers

Hi and welcome to my blog! I realized when getting ready to make my card that I did not have much to color with! We are in the process of moving and I have packed up a lot of my crafting stuff. If there is a will there's a way, right?  I saw that my finger daubers were still left out, so I decided to color with those! I stamped the pumpkin stamp and just used my finger daubers that had ink left on them. I did not use my ink pads. This was fast and easy and the colors blended so well. This method of coloring works best when using a stamp that is large and basically one color. I will color this way more often now!

A cloud stencil was used to make the sky and again I used finger daubers to color it and the leaves.


Stamps:  Pumpkins - Impression Obsession
               Saying - Sparkle N Sprinkle
Die:        Skeleton Leaves - Sizzix (Tim Holtz)
Stencil:   Cloud - My Favorite Things

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!

Challenges entered:

Double D Challenges:  Pumpkins
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Beautiful fall colors on this card. Love all of the layers and dimension you created with matting and die cuts. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Pumpkin" Challenge.

Darlene said...

Beautiful card April and get thinking for your design & coloring! I use the ink left in my daubers all the time and am always amazed at how well it turns out! GREAT JOB! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! OH and BTW ... are you aware of our STENCIL FUN challenge? It's anything goes using stencils ... come check it out. Link is below and current challenge runs through Nov. 4th ... you still have time to share this beauty!! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Conniecrafter said...

You did get lovely results using your ink daubers on these, pretty blending of it all!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I, too, love finger daubers for a two-tone look. Your clouds are perfect and your pumpkins look 3D. A nice layer of leaves adds a nice touch. Layers are so nice on cards. Beautiful work.

Blog Archive