Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Bargello Technique -- Third Thursday

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are having a good day. With the New Year here, how about some Oldies? With all the new gadgets coming on the market now, we sometimes forget about the fun and old techniques we learned in the past. This year on my blog, I want to play with some of the old techniques and I just may come up with a new twist on some of them! I plan to show an Oldies technique the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month. I would like for you to drop by to see and try these with me.

My first Oldies technique is bargello. This technique is a great way to use up all those paper scraps you may have lying around.




First  you need to choose some scrap papers.



Now cut each paper into strips. I did not pay much attention at how wide I was cutting the strips. Some of mine are wider than the others. 



Now you need to start weaving the strips. I pulled up on 2 of the long white patterned strips and slipped the green down to the bottom. This seemed an easier way to weave.



This was as far as I could weave because I ran out of green strips, but you can weave more if you want. I turned the piece over and put some runner tape on the woven area so I could anchor it on my pink card stock.



After I adhered it to my pink card stock, I then used a little liquid glue on the end of each strip to secure it well to the card stock.



Next cut off the strips so that they are even with the pink card.



Here is another card where I used double sided paper, cut my strips and just layered them side by side to make a background for the image. There are many ways to use your strips. You could try putting them side by side diagonally or just straight. I hope you will try this and see what combinations you can come up with.





Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you will stop by again for another Oldies technique the first Thursday in February!

Have a blessed day!

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful idea, it is always sad to see the old techniques disappearing and 'handwork' being made even at home by machines! Valerie

Shona Erlenborn said...

These are fabulous April. Thanks for the "reminder" and the inspiration!

Anne Temple said...

Love both of these, but especially the second one.

Linda said...

Thanks for reviving this technique. I think I will try including this in my art journal. Love both of your cards. Thanks for sharing.....Linda E.

Ellibelle said...

Two beautiful cards, and love that technique!

Paula said...

this is a fabulous technique April and a good way to use up some small scraps of favorite paper. I like the second card with the bird most.

Beth Norman said...

Lovely cards. Your tutorial was very well done. Thanks for the inspiration.

Blog Archive