Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Friday, April 5, 2019

April Showers

Hi, and welcome to my blog. We all know the saying "April showers bring May flowers." We have had so much rain through the Winter and Spring here in South Carolina, that the trees and flowers started blooming in early February! I have made a card that goes right along with all this rain we have had.



I just love this silhouette stamp called Rainy Walk In The Wildflowers. I made the background by sponging oxide inks through a birch trees stencil, then pressing a wet paper towel over the stencil to lift off the ink. The girl and the saying were stamped over top. The saying is from the Sentiments 1 unmounted sheet. I also added metallic sticker raindrops for interest. You can click here to see many more fun silhouette stamps that the store offers.

We are also having a challenge and we hope hat you will join in. The challenge is to add lace to your card. I would love to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Challenge entered:

ModSquad:  Stencil Your Background
Word Art Wednesday:  Anything Goes #380 - #381

6 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

How sweet! Beautiful little silhouette stamp, April and the background is stunning!

Conniecrafter said...

Terrific job on that background, your silhouette looks great against it!

Judy Woodland said...

This card is simply FABULOUS!!! I love your background, it's so perfect for that silhouetted image!! Wonderful stenciling here, and great take on the challenge. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


Bunny said...

The card is great. I love the stencil that you used. Really lovely colors. [Bunny]

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful design...love it.
have a great day

Sue said...

April, I love silhouettes and the girl in the rain is wonderful. What a beautiful card. Weather is really crazy all over the place one day warm up, next day snow.........

Hugs
Sue

Blog Archive