Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Sunshiny Day!

Hi Everyone! We have had wonderful sunshiny days here recently! I am loving it! I want to share a card I made depicting a sunny day. Watermelon is so good on a hot summer's day. Even though it is still Spring it feels like summer this week. We have had temps in the 90's! Isn't this little rabbit by House Mouse so cute?




Over at Simon Says Stamp the challenge is to use 5 things on your card. Well, this was a challenge for me because I tend to use a lot more than 5 things on a card! Here I used 3 dies, an embossing folder and a bow -- all my favorite things! At Joan's Gardens the challenge is to use butterflies, an embossing folder and a sentiment. The sentiment was computer generated. I think I covered all the requirements for both! LOL!




This was such a fun card to make. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope your day is sunny and bright!


Challenges entered: 

House Mouse and Friends:  Sunny Days
Simon Says Monday Challenge:  Five Things
                                               Stampendous  : House Mouse Stamps

18 comments:

Christine said...

Gorgeous hopper creation April..great vibrant colours fab take on the Sunny days chall theme.

Thanks for sharing at House Mouse & Friends Mon. chall..

smiles Christine x

ps check back on the HM blog for details of the STAMPENDOUS May chall you can enter this super cute hopper creation xx

scrappymo! said...

OH my goodness...this is gorgeous. Love th hot, zing of colour...
That embossing folder is fabulous. Did you ink it first and then emboss...love the look you have to the rays!

April said...

I did ink the embossing folder first and then embossed.

Sue said...

April, perfect image for the sunny day challenge, and bright fun summer colors too. Loving the beautiful butterfly. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Lillian A said...

Love this color combo of orange/yellow, April, as well as the embossing background you used. The bunny is a good summer choice, as it's my all-time favorite summer treat, as well. The butterfly makes for a nice, lacey addition to your card. Glad you were able to participate in the sunny days challenge with us at House Mouse!

Shona Erlenborn said...

You sure did cover everything! Such a fun card April!

Eret said...

April, your sunny card is so beautiful. Love how you made this background. It is perfect on your stunning summer card.
Hugs,
Eret

America said...

Fab take on the sunny days theme with these bright colors. Thanks so much for joining us at HMFMC. Good luck to yu and hope yu can join us again next challenge. :)

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous bright and sunny card. Love the variation of color on the embossing folder and that image is adorable.

Lauren Hatwell said...

This little chap with his water melon always makes me smile. I love the idea of inking your embossing folder first. It works beautifully. Lx

Mayras Designs said...

So cute , bright , and cheerful !!!

Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Donna Hanley said...

I love this image and you really showcased it in a lovely way. Love the color scheme and that bow/butterfly is ideal for a sunny day. So glad you could play along with us here at House Mouse & Friends this week.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

What a day of sunshine your card is. I love th embossing and the wonderful sunny colours. Adorable image and lovely colouring. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

Joan Fricker said...

April, this is so pretty. I love the color and you are right...the House Mouse stamp is so cute. Great job!
Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Diane said...

April just love your bright sunny day card and that hopper sure is enjoying that water melon !! Thanks so much for joining us at HMFMC !!

hugs Diane xx GDT

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

Sue a bright and cheerful creation-love that background you created too!

♥ Sue Kment

Little K Smith said...

Thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends with this wonderful card April! I love the fab image and the colours are soooooo bright 'n' delish :)
Kelly.x

Dorte said...

Oh yes, watermalon on a hot summer day is perfect! Love the card you have created, April- I'm longing for summer...
So glad you had time to join the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, hope to see you again soon.
Dorte x

Blog Archive