Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Oldies Technique #10 -- Shadow Stamping

Hi and welcome to my blog. It is time for another Oldies technique. Today I am showing how to do shadow stamping. I have not used this technique in years and had nearly forgotten about it! I like this because it is so simple yet really neat looking.




Here are the supplies you will need:

shadow stamp
any lighter color ink ( I used a tan pigment ink )
light card stock
several stamps to stamp over the shadow
dark ink ( I used Distress Faded Jeans )


Here are some examples of a shadow stamp. It is any stamp that is pretty large and solid so that you can stamp something over top of it. Here I have an oval and rectangle shape. 





I am working with the oval shaped shadow stamp. I have stamped it with the lighter color ink. I like using pigment ink on the shadow stamp because it seems to go on more evenly and stamp more evenly, but you can use dye inks as well. 




Here is the result after I have stamped it on the card stock.




Now you can take your other stamps and stamp over the top of this shadow using your darker ink.




That's all there is to it! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day. I hope you have a fun time working with this technique.


Challenges entered:


Penny's Paper Crafty:  Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge;  Make It Masculine
Stamp & Create:  Summer Fun






8 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fun technique April. Love the effect you get. Thanks for sharing a golden oldie!

Anne Temple said...

Fun and easy technique and great card.

Amy Cohen said...

Nice job- thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
Amy-DT

Rene said...

Awesome card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck,
Rene

Jingle said...

Lovely scene! Thanks so much for joining us for the Make it Masculine challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Great, simple technique! Tfs!

Beth Norman said...

Lovely card. Unforltunately I don't have a shadow stamp. I have tiny ones but I don't think they would work. aka Canadian, eh!

CarefreeSadie said...

Another great technique. Thank you for sharing.
Artsy Inkers
http://duhnproductions.com/forum/index.php

Blog Archive