Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Summertime

Hi Everyone! I hope you are keeping cool. I love summer, but like to stay inside with the air on on these very hot days. What I like about summer are pretty flowers, butterflies and daylight savings time! The white on my card reminds me of the extra hour of daylight! While making this card I was reminded of the old tune, "In the Good Old Summer Time." So here is my summer card using punches, pearls and dies!




I used the Flower Cheery Lynn die and cut from white glitter paper for the background of the image. The butterfly is also a Cheery Lynn die and my favorite! I made the square frame using a Martha Stewart corner and border punch. Here is a close up where you can see the sparkle better on the flower die.





TIP:  I love making white on white cards and to make the details show more I use pop dots to lift some layers. This adds depth and dimension. 


Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!

Challenges entered:

Cheery Lynn:  Anything Goes
Frilly and Funkie:  It's Summer
Paper Take Weekly: Trio - Tastic ( punches, pearls, dies )
Penny Black: White on White
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday: Name That Tune













12 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

I love hedgehogs. This one pops against the white on white. A great tip too. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Shona Erlenborn said...

Super cute April! Love how this hedgehog just pops from the white background.

Lisa said...

Adorable card! Thank for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs.

scrappymo! said...

Beautifully layered dies surround this adorable image. Wonderful card, April!

scrappymo! said...

Beautifully layered dies surround this adorable image. Wonderful card, April!

Juliz Design Post said...

Beautiful elegant card and such a cute little hedgehog. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck. Hope to see you back soon.
Julie x

shulsart said...

Adorable card, April, love the adorable Hedgehog on the bright white card stock. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

NGCARDS said...

A super cute creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Jingle said...

Aww! This is so sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous white on white card. It really does make the colors on the image pop. I'm so far behind on my commenting and missed lots of your wonderful projects but am slowly trying to catch back up.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card with a fun feel!! Thanks for playing along at Frilly and Funkie xx

Pamellia said...

Very sweet card April! Love that image and the beautiful intricate butterfly! A wonderful card for summer! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'It's Summer' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Blog Archive