Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Oldies Technique #14 -- Bleach

Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a good day. I have another Oldies technique that I would like to share with you today. We will be using bleach to bleach out a stamped image.





Supplies needed:


fresh bleach
water pen or small paint brush
dark card stock ( I used dark brown )
black embossing powder
Versa Mark ink
heat tool
embossing buddy

TIP: The very first thing to do would be to "test" your card stock before stamping on it, to see if the card stock bleaches out. Not all card stock will bleach well. I just took my brush and went over a small space on my card stock to check it.  




Take the embossing buddy and rub over the card stock so that the embossing powder will not stick to where you do not want it.




Ink up your stamp using Versa Mark ink and stamp onto the card stock. Then sprinkle on the black embossing powder and melt it with the heat tool.




Now take your water pen filled with fresh bleach and begin to color in the unembossed areas. If you do not have a water pen you can use a paint brush, fold up some paper towels on a non porous surface, pour a little bleach onto them and dip your brush onto the wet towels. This keeps the bleach from dripping everywhere. You can see how the bleach bleached out the center stripe on the zebra here.




Continue "coloring" until the image is complete.  I then cut out the zebra using Spellbinders Labels 4 die. The leaves at the top of the card were cut using the Sizzix Leaves die




Here are samples of other images I bleached. 





Here you can see where I tested the bleach first before I stamped. I was not sure if the bazzil card stock would work, but it did great as you can see. I will cut that part off before using it on a card.




You can also color your image if you want. This also makes for a neat look!

I hope you enjoyed this technique. Have fun playing. P.S. You might want to do this in a well ventilated room!

Have a great day!


Challenges entered:

Scrapy Land:  Anything Goes/die
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Tie It Up (cord)









12 comments:

Kim S said...

Great images! One of my favorite techniques.. so quick and easy!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Thanks for the reminder of this awesome technique April! Love the zebra!

Donna Ellis said...

wowow, April! What a fantastic use of the bleach! The samples are great, but that zebra card is amazing! I love the way you've utilized the sizzix branch! Beautiful. And now for my other hat:

Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! Hope you will join us again! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Karen Amidon said...

So many wonderful techniques. I love the cards that you made with the alcohol inks onto the glossy paper. Thanks for sharing

Anne Temple said...

I always love reading your oldies but goodies techenigues and this one is so cool. Wonderful zebra card and the old pick up truck looks amazing. I definitely need to do this technique again soon. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge too!

Mandy said...

Wonderful card April! The Zebra is so cute and looks fab bleached.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! Thanks for teaching me how to use bleach to color a in an image! Your zebra is awesome looking and I love the old truck! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #23!

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

I love zebras! They are my favorite animal, so of course I love this! Very stunning indeed. Thanks for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle's Creative Challenge.

E. Marie said...

This is such a great technique and worked really well with this image. Love the background pattern and coloring. This looks great to enhance the image. Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenge #23.

Jessica K said...

Such a fun technique and I love your zebra ! Great job! :) Thanks for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge!

Ani said...

Beautiful card! Thank you so much for playing along in the Sparkle and Sprinkle challenge this month!

Anne Temple said...

Popping back in to say that I'm so glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge too!

Blog Archive