Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Oldies Technique #15 -- Polished Stone

Welcome back to another Oldies technique. I love using this polished stone technique because no piece ever looks the same. I also want to thank Debs Smith for joining my blog!




Supplies you will need:


several colors of alcohol inks
white glossy card stock
felt applicator
91% alcohol or blending solution


I wanted an old world look on my card so I chose Current, Slate, Ginger and Latte alcohol inks. Apply the inks to the applicator. I just cut a small piece of felt to fit the applicator and applied my inks side by side in a row.







Spritz the applicator a few times with alcohol or blending solution ( I used 91% alcohol ) and start pouncing the applicator over the glossy card stock. You will also want to make sure you are in a well ventilated room!




Here is the finished background!




You can also do this same technique on plastic or acetate. In fact you can used this on any non porous surface. I love the look of it done on plastic as shown below.





Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope your day is wonderful!


Challenges entered:

Crafting From The Heart:  Always Anything Goes #73
Penny's Paper Challenge:  Anything Goes






7 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous April! This looks great with the antique sailing boat. The twine is just the perfect finish too!

Donna Ellis said...

another great older technique - I want to get my AIs out and play, too, April! Thank you for bring to life those older techniques. It's fun visiting your blog and being reintroduced to my supplies via your amazing talent! hugs, de

Anne Temple said...

This is gorgeous April! It does look very old world and makes me want to do this technique again.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty! I like the piece on acetate a lot!

Susan Renshaw said...

Thank you for sharing the details of this technique - will definitely try it! Thanks for linking your card to Crafting From The Heart!

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x

Amy Cohen said...

Wonderful technique- thank you for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
Amy-DT

Blog Archive