Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Stamping With Spectrum Noir Markers

Hi and welcome to my blog. I am always looking for new to me techniques and I am happy to have stumbled onto this one. On the Artsy Inkers stamping board there was a discussion about trying to stamp using copics. Someone suggested that maybe by coloring on the soild stamp and then spritzing alcohol on the stamp that this would activate the copics ( the copics dry fast ) and you could stamp the stamp. Well, I immediately tried it and it turned out great! I stamped on matte card stock first and it looked good. It gave a marbled effect kind of like when you do the polished stone technique. Here is the example on matte card stock.






THEN I tried it again on glossy card stock and boy was I impressed! Here is the card I made with my image. The flowers were stamped using Spectrum Noir markers.




Here are some more examples on the glossy card stock.




Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is wonderful!


Challenges entered:


Artistic Stamper:  Anything Goes
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards:  A Flower in Your Image
Love to Scrap:  Anything Goes
Mod Squad Challenge:  Anything Goes Plus a Die
Penny's Paper Crafty:  Ribbon or Twine

6 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow wow wow! These are fantastic, April! ThaNks for sharing your experiments!

Kathy Krug said...

What a fabulous effect you got with the alcohol markers. Love both the matte and glossy paper. Thanks for sharing and for joining the Mod Squad Challenge Blog.

Judy V said...

Beautiful creation! Your stamping with the markers turned out great! Must give it a try! Thanks for sharing with us at Chocolate,Coffee & Cards!

Amy Cohen said...

Lovely work- you are very talented. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
Amy-DT

Sharon said...

What a lovely card, so clean and fresh looking
Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty, hope to see you again soon
Hugs Sharon DT
http://ewe2cancraft.blogspot.com

Notations of a Crafter said...

Wow what a fab idea. Love the images on the glossy card, thanks for joining us at The Artistic Stamper x

Blog Archive