Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, January 7, 2019

Patterned Paper Series #1

Happy New Year everyone! I hope that the new year will hold many blessings for you.

For the past few years I have had a running series on my blog. Last year was shabby chic. I have tons of paper scraps as I know most of us do! I will never use up all the pieces, but I am hoping I can make a little dent in my stash with this patterned paper series this year. I hope to find different ways to use patterned papers on my cards.

Today I made a card with snowflake dies using three different blue patterned papers from my stash. The dies I used are the Build A Snowflake 5 dies from Spellbinders.



I stamped the cute penguin from Inkadinkado, colored him with alcohol markers, fussy cut him and pop dotted him to the card. I used a swirl stamp behind the sled to show motion and added glitter over it. Rhinestones were added to the centers of some of the snowflakes.

Thanks so much for stoppng by. I will be posting my patterned paper ideas every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month!

Have a great day!

Challenges entered:

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - January 2019

2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so fun, April! What a great idea to challenge yourself to use up some of your paper stash! That little penguin is sure having fun!

Conniecrafter said...

the different colors in the snowflakes are so pretty the way you have layered them. That penguin is just too adorable!

Blog Archive