Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Non Typical Valentine!

Hi Everyone! I want to show you a card I made that is a non typical Valentine -- non typical in color that is. It was fun making a Valentine that was not red and pink! I used paper from the Basic Grey pad Motifica. I added some interest by stamping a flower on the left edge and bottom right of the paper. The sentiment is from the Sparkle N Sprinkle stamp set -- My Rose Garden. There are a lot of  favorite items on my card. They include the flower, bow and swirls. It seems that I use these a lot! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are having a good weekend. It is warm and beautiful here.



Challenges:
Joan's Gardens -- Blue, Green and White
Basic Grey --Your Favorite
Cuttlebug Spot -- Love is in the Air



19 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

April, pretty card. I like the way you edged your heart in blue.

Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Pssequimages said...

OH April--this is absolutely STUNNING.

sandy said...

Love your blog April! You are so talented!

sandy said...

oh, after I saw your falling hearts I just had to get them too!

Brenda said...

Love the blues!!! It's nice that it's not the typical valentine's day card.

Ginny B said...

Blues are my favorite! You did a beautiful job on this gorgeous card. The recipient will be so happy to get it!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the non-traditional Valentine colors! Such a pretty combination and the flower and bow compliment your card beautifully!

Brianna loeffelbein said...

Beautiful , love all the sparkle , your flower and ribbon are so pretty !! Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot !!

Deneen said...

What a pretty card, it still works even though you didn't use the traditional colours. Thanks for joining the Love Is In The Air Challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot.

E. Marie said...

April, this is so lovely and shares the love even without those traditional colors.

Debi said...

Really pretty card. Love the blue!!!!!!!
Especially love the distressing and the bow.

Anne Temple said...

This is beautiful and I love the colors you chose.

Rach83 said...

Lovely to see a Valentine's card that's not in the usual reds and pinks. So pretty and great die cuts.

Thanks for playing along at The Cuttlebug Spot. Hope you can join us tomorrow for the start of our Valentine's Blog Hop.

Rachel x

Nancy Hill said...

Love the flowers and beautiful heart.

Donna Ellis said...

A BEAUTIFUL blue Valentine - it's always inspiring to see an unexpected color with traditional shapes and design elements. Your vibrant Valentine is gorgeous, April.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous, I love the non traditional colours and that flower is so pretty
Lindsay xx

Unknown said...

So pretty ilove the rose

Olga said...

Very pretty. I like the flower and layers.

Julie said...

This is gorgeous, such pretty colours and a great design! Thanks for playing along with us at Basic Grey Challenges, Juliexx

Blog Archive