Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, February 25, 2013

Technique Tuesday -- Sticky Ribbon


Welcome back once again to Sparkle n Sprinkle Technique Tuesday.  Today I want to show you a cute way to use sticky ribbon.


Supplies :
  1. light card stock -- I used yellow with a light polka dot pattern
  2. bright sticky ribbon
  3. scissors
  4. purple ink
  5. sponge
  6. Oh Hoppy Day stamp
  7. Black detail embossing powder EP171
  8. Versa Mark ink
  9. circle punch
  10. white card stock
Cut a strip of green for the flower stem and stick to card.


Cut a leaf shape out of the green sticky ribbon and adhere beside the stem.


Start cutting strips from the different colors of ribbon to build the flower.



Stamp the saying on white card stock using Versa Mark ink. Add black embossing powder and heat. Punch out saying with circle punch and ink edges with purple ink. Pop dot to the center of the flower.


Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have fun making your own flower. Hopefully this will inspire you to make some Easter cards. It is right around the corner!

April

Other Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Happy Bunny 3435-426B
  2. Cloud Nine glitter GM2000
  3. Tulip Easter Border 3434-426G
  4. Jasper Blue velvet glitter GM2012
  5. Purple Potion Velvet glitter GM2001
  6. Lemonade glitter G1091

7 comments:

Anne Temple said...

How cute! Love the bright colors.

Donna Ellis said...

First, I LOVE your new blog look, April - how pretty! I am also following you on Pinterest, not sure how I missed out on that before. Wonderful ribbon tutorial - I like it! Very diverse in how we can use it. Thanks for sharing it. Your card is super cute, and very pretty with the bright colors! hugs, de

Debi said...

April,
This is a really cute card.
Where do you get your sticky ribbon? Is there a particular brand that you prefer?

April said...

Hi Debi, I have had this so long that I don't know where I got it. It is called Sticky Ribbon and at the top it says Remember When.

Brenda said...

So adorable and the little bunny just sparkles

Kate said...

This is such a bright and cheerful card, April! How clever to use the ribbon for flower petals!

E. Marie said...

Great idea with the ribbon. Makes a lovely background for this sweet little guy.

Blog Archive