Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, February 4, 2013

Technique Tuesday -- Embossed Resist + Dies


Hello Everyone! Welcome to Technique Tuesday at Sparkle N Sprinkle! Valentine's day is right around the corner. Have you made any valentine cards yet? If not,  maybe this will inspire you to get started!  I want to share with you a Valentine card I made with the embossed resist technique using dies.



Supplies:
  1. white card stock
  2. heart dies
  3. Velvet Sparkle embossing powder EP437
  4. Versa Mark ink pad 99702
  5. heat gun
  6. blue and red ink
  7. sponge applicator
  8. paper towel
I used the Brocade Border stamp from the Brocade Backgrounds set 398. Stamp this across your white card stock with Versa Mark ink  and add the embossing powder and heat set.



Keep doing this until the whole card is embossed.


The next step is to use your heart dies to cut hearts out of the card stock you just embossed.  Here I used the scalloped heart and the smaller heart to cut with.  You will see on the finished card that I laid the smaller heart in the scalloped heart area and formed a white space around the smaller heart on the card. I also did this with the little heart at the top.


I cut a smaller heart at the top of the card.


Now take your sponge applicator and sponge on the blue ink over the whole card.


As you see the embossing powder is showing through as a resist. When you finish, use a paper towel to buff over the card to get any excess ink off the embossed areas.


Now sponge red ink on the hearts and buff with a paper towel.


All you have to do now is to put your card together. I did not like the open cut out on the little heart at the top, so I covered it up with the bird and buttons. I hope you enjoy doing this technique. I will be showing another Valentine card I made with a different technique next Tuesday. I hope to see you back again! Have a wonderful day!

April

Other SNS  supplies used:
  1. Love & Happiness 3218-402B
  2. Birds -- Zendoodle Rainbow set 462

8 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

These little love birds are sweet as can be, April. LOVE the technique - and I do want to try it. I have been reorganizing things in my craft room - from the bare bones. What a mess!

Julie Z said...

Cute card April! I've been seeing some different versions of this recently and have vowed to try it sometime soon myself! Love your version of this!!

cherry said...

Sooo cute...I love love your blue birds! cherry

Anne Temple said...

Simply gorgeous! Love the emboss resist.

Sue said...

April, beautiful embossed hearts. Love this technique. Your card has so many wonderful details too. Love the red and blue color combo.

Hugs
Sue

Brenda said...

Fabulous tutorial and love the color scheme too. The little birds are a perfect touch.

E. Marie said...

I love how this turned out. Great tutorial and love how you used the dies and ink to create this card. Cute buttons, too!!

Unknown said...

I do like the resist technique very pretty
Thanks

Blog Archive