Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, February 11, 2013

Technique Tuesday -- Frosted Vellum


Hi Everyone! It is Technique Tuesday time once again at Sparkle n Sprinkle! I hope you are having a good day. I want to share a valentine card I made using the frosted vellum technique. I love this because I think it gives a card an elegant look.


Supplies:
  1. pink and white card stock
  2. heavy vellum
  3. Spellbinders Beaded oval die
  4. paint brush or score tool with large and small head
  5. white gel pen
  6. decorative stamp
Take the die and use it to cut from the pink card stock and the heavy vellum.  Make sure to keep the vellum in the die for the next step.


Take the score tool with a large head or the end of a paint brush and press into the beaded parts around the die. Do not press too hard or the vellum will tear.


Now use the white gel pen to color in the beaded areas. This makes them show up more on the front.


Take the next smaller size oval die and lay it in the middle of the vellum and trace around the oval with the small head of your score tool.



Carefully take vellum out of die.  Stamp your decorative stamp on a piece of white card stock or paper. I used the Apple Blossoms stamp 3164-399G.


Place the vellum ( with the  back side still down ) over the stamped image and go around the edge between the beaded area and the scored line and rub over the stamped image ( using the score tool ) to get a design. I rubbed inside the petals on the flower to make a dotted design on my vellum piece, but you can use any stamp design of your choice.



Turn the vellum over and place on top of the pink die cut you made in the beginning.  Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope this will inspire you to make this for one of your valentine cards. Have a super day!

April

Other SNS supplies used:
  1. Fancy Butterfly 3546-437G
  2. Like a Butterfly 3545-437A
  3. Black Detail embossing powder EP171
  4. Gypsy Red Velvet glitter GM2005
  5. Lemonade glitter G1091
  6. Bubblegum glitter G1088

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! This is really pretty! I like the vellum technique. I'll have to try that! And your glittered butterfly stole my heart. I adore it!

Debi said...

Very pretty card and great directions. Thanks.

Anne Temple said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Brenda said...

Another fabulous technique!!! Will have to try that one out - great way to use the dies. Beautiful card.

Unknown said...

FABULOUS card I love butterfly's

newbie85 said...

This card is drop dead gorgeous!!! I love vellum and the frosted technique makes it so beautiful!!! Love the colors together and everything about the card. THNK YOU for sharing such an easy to follow tutorial! The pics are very valuable to us VISUAL learners!

Daria said...

Thank you for the detailed tutorial. I love the way this turned out.

Blog Archive