Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Non-traditional Colors Valentine

I hope you have been enjoying your day. It was like March here today with the wind blowing wildly! I am entering this card in Joan's Gardens challenge -- non-traditional colors valentine. I always like a challenge to get me out of a rut, so this was fun! I just had to use the beautiful roses from the Sparkle N Sprinkle set -- My Rose Garden. My sweet friend, Marie, let me borrow the pretty saying that I used on the heart. It added the right touch!

10 comments:

Selma said...

What a gorgeous Valentine April. I love your nontraditional colors. Thanks for joining us again in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Brenda said...

I love how the basic card is neutral and you added just the pops of color with the roses....gorgeous!

Memaw said...

Wow - this is eye popping, great job.

Unknown said...

wow beautiful like the color that you use

Unknown said...

Very pretty non-traditional card:) elegant and striking!

Donna Ellis said...

woooooo that is wonderfully colored and such a romantic looking Valentine's card, April! Great job. So sweetly done, I can just imagine your gentle fingers arranging the elements, and your loving heart imagining design. To create this type of bow, do you use a bow maker? What's the trick?

Karin said...

Those flowers are simply stunning! The colors are beautiful :)

April said...

Donna, I just fold the ribbon back and forth a few times and then take a small piece of ribbon and tie it tightly around the folds in the center. Thanks for your lovely comment.

Unknown said...

Very pretty card April, roses are sucha stunning color!!
Hugs
Donna

Kate said...

This is so pretty! The pops of colour against the muted tones are fabulous!
It's definitely winter here, with temperatures feeling like -24 with the windchill!!

Blog Archive