Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Technique Tueday



Hi, Happy New Year! My name is April and I am a member of the design team at Sparkle N Sprinkle. I love doing techniques. Each Tuesday I will be showing a technique on the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog and I hope you will visit and join the fun here at Technique Tuesday! The technique that I am showing today is called Cracked Ice.

Supplies:
  1. White light weight cardboard.
  2. Versa Mark ink pad.
  3. Super Thick Clear Embossing Powder EP230
  4. Tree die cut.
  5. Blue/green dye based ink pad.
  6. Heat gun.
Cut trees using tree die from the white cardboard. Stamp the Vera Mark stamp pad all over the trees. Pour the heavy clear embossing powder over the inked trees and heat with a heat gun. Do this one more time. Now place the trees in the freezer for 20 minutes.  Take the trees out of the freezer and start bending the trees to crack the embossing powder. Keep bending until you have the desired cracked look. Below is a picture of the tree as it came out of the freezer and after it was cracked.


I then rubbed the blue/green ink into the cracks to add dimension.  I added white Liquid Applique to the branches, then sprinkled Starfire glitter to it and heated with a heat gun.
I hope you enjoyed this technique and that you will have fun trying it out!  I hope to see you again next Tuesday!

You can also see a video of this technique in our Tips & Technique section.

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle Supplies:


2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

How exciting! I'm on my way!

Kate said...

Fabulous card! I just went to Sparkle N Sprinkle to read about your technique. I love the look - especially with the bit of blue added. Thanks for sharing that tip!

Blog Archive