Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Acetate Resist



Welcome back to Technique Tuesday at Sparkle N Sprinkle!  This past weekend Marie and I were in North Carolina stamping with some friends. We tried one of Tim Holtz's techniques that I will call acetate resist.


Supplies:
  1. acetate or plastic from a container
  2. Purple Twilight alcohol ink
  3. ink applicator
  4. Paisley Florals stamp
  5. Jet Black Archival ink pad
  6. paper towel or cloth
  7. spellbinders heart die
  8. white glossy card stock
  9. Xyron machine
Cut a square piece of plastic a little larger than your heart die. I used plastic from one of my spellbinders dies. Put  several dots of Purple Twilight alcohol ink on the ink applicator and pounce all over the plastic and let dry.


Ink up the Paisley Floral stamp with the Jet Black Archival ink and stamp several times on the alcohol inked side of the plastic. Archival black ink is the only ink that will work with this technique. Immediately wipe off the black ink using a paper towel or cloth. You will see clear areas where the black ink once was.



I ran the plastic piece through the Xyron machine to adhere it to glossy card stock.  The glossy card stock helps the images show up better. I then cut out the heart shape using my heart die.


I made another card using the window left by the heart heart shape.


Marie has also made a card using this technique. You can see it here on her blog.
I know you will enjoy this technique as much as we did!

April



Love Light and Peace
CraftEMarie



8 comments:

Brenda said...

April - what a gorgeous set of cards!

E. Marie said...

April, these turned out so lovely. Wasn't it fun!! Can't wait to do more of this.

Cyndie said...

Wow, what striking cards these are! Love the colors and the use of that entriguing technique--I will have to look into that!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful! I'm on my way over to learn how to do this!

Unknown said...

Neat technique..the way the black ink is white?? Who woulda thunk?? Your cards are beautiful and I like the way you used both pieces. Thanks for sharing:)

Kate said...

Lovely, lovely cards, April! I wish I had some of your inks to try this!

Kate said...

(Oops - I don't mean your actual inks, but the same sort you mentioned on the blog post at Sparkle and Sprinkle!!)

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Awesome technique!

Blog Archive