Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, January 30, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Pooled Watercolor



Welcome back to the Sparkle N Sprinkle Technique Tuesday! I hope you are enjoying these each week. I think you will really like this technique that I am showing you today. It is called Pooled Watercolors.


Supplies:
  1. heavy weight watercolor paper -- 140 lb.
  2. Adirondack reinkers -- Purple Twilight, Cool Peri, Lettuce or any other brand reinkers
  3. water spritzer
  4. water pen or water and paint brush
  5. Starfire glitter G1017
  6. white embossing powder
  7. Roses stamps from My Rose Garden set 402
  8. Versa Mark ink pad 99702
  9. heat tool
  10. Sakura glue pen 99202
Stamp roses onto the watercolor paper using Versa Mark ink. Sprinkle white embossing powder over the stamped images and heat with a heat tool. Spritz water over the roses until it pools and drop a few drops of  the lighter color of reinker onto sprizted rose. Move the color around with the water pen. Keep doing this with each petal of the rose.


When you are finished with the lighter color, drop a few drops of the darker reinker in a few places on the rose to add depth. Then do the same on the leaves, using the green reinker.  Let dry. You will notice that some of the color may bleed out of the embossed lines, but you will be cutting out the rose to layer on a card and this will not matter.


Use a glue pen to dot randomly on the rose. Sprinkle on Starfire glitter. Cut out the rose to use on a card. I hope you enjoy doing this technique. We would love to see you again next Tuesday!

April

6 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Off to SNS!

Gerlinde said...

Gorgeous colors and textures! Can't wait to read how you did that!

Donna Ellis said...

Oh my! While the colors are gorgeous, the technique certainly provides amazing results, April! The white embossed background with the die cut layer is such an eye catcher! Wish I lived nearby so I could play and learn with you!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, April! Love the watercolor technique!

Kate said...

This is so, so pretty, April! I love the look of the purple and white with just a splash of green!

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card! Love the flowers, embossing, and die cuts! The purple is so pretty on the white!
Glenda

Blog Archive