Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, May 28, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Coloring on Glitter



I hope you had a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend. It is time for Technique Tuesday at Sparkle N Sprinkle  once again! The technique I want to show today is "coloring on glitter." This is such a beautiful and sparkly technique. I hope you enjoy trying it.


Supplies needed:
  1. wide double stick tape
  2. Waterscape glitter G1108
  3. Spectrum or Copic markers
  4. Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad 99604
  5. white cardstock
Instructions:

For the large butterfly, cut a square of double sided tape and place it on white cardstock.


Peel off the top seal and sprinkle on glitter. Make sure to rub the glitter real well with your fingers. This burnishes it and gets off any excess glitter.


Now stamp the butterfly using Memento ink. This is the best ink to use when coloring with Copics.


Start coloring the image using Spectrum or Copics. I colored lightly since they are juicy. I was able to blend them like I do when I color normally.


Cut out the butterfly to use later on the card. Now take a longer piece of the wide tape, peal off the top seal and glitter as before.  Stamp the flower and butterflies and color.



Now assemble the card!


You can also use outline stickers. Adhere the sticker to the glittered tape and color it in with the markers. Here is a sample.



Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Fancy Butterfly 3546-437G
  2. Swirl Butterfly sm. 3550-437A
  3. Magnolia set - tulips 328
  4. Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad 99604
  5. Waterscape glitter G1108



4 comments:

Catherine said...

This is beautiful, love the butterfly.....

Inger Harding said...

This is so beautiful April!!
Lovely work!

Brenda said...

what a gorgeous, sparkly card!

Stacy Morgan said...

So Springy and pretty. Great sparkle.

Blog Archive