Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Crayon Resist and More


Welcome back to the Sparkle N Sprinkle Technique Tuesday again! I have a stamping friend who uses crayons quite a bit to color stamp images. I am amazed at how well the images look.  After seeing these images I decided I would try some myself and I actually like the look. So today we are going back to our childhood and color with crayons!


I started coloring the image first with a white crayon to give it a soft palette  so that the colors would blend a little better.  Then I started with my lighter colors first on top of the white.


I then went over the lighter colors with my darker colors to shade some areas.




After I was finished shading with the darker crayons, I went over all of it again with the white crayon to blend it some more.  Here is the finished image.


I think it turned out quite well!  Now on to the crayon resist.
Supplies:
  1. brayer
  2. multi-colored ink pad
  3. any color of crayon
  4. dragonfly stamp
  5. white glossy cardstock
  6. permanent black ink pad
Stamp dragonfly several times on the glossy cardstock using permanent black ink.


Take any color crayon and color in and outline some areas of the dragonflies.


Brayer over the piece of glossy cardstock using a multi-colored ink pad.  I used a pad that had variations of blues and purples.


Now wipe off any wax left from the crayon.


So, break out those crayons or borrow from your kids or grand kids and give this a try! LOL! Have fun!

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle Supplies used:
  1. Bird of Paradise stamp
  2. Dragonfly stamp


5 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful card, love the frame....

Olena said...

So cute card! Love it! Great job!!! And very nice coloring. Olena

Brenda said...

Love the pearls on your frame.... Great technique with the crayons!!!!!!! soft and pretty

Stacy Morgan said...

this is so pretty. Your colors are vibrant, wonderful card.

Unknown said...

Haven't done this technique in a while...like your results:) Such a pretty card.

Blog Archive