Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Hand Sanitizer



Today for the Sparkle N Sprinkle technique Tuesday I am showing how to use hand sanitizer to make a fun "water" scene on a card.  These type of cards are fun for all ages!  I hope you have fun with this today.



Supplies:
  1. hand sanitizer or hair gel
  2. small zip lock bag
  3. glitter or mica chips
  4. aqua or light blue alcohol ink or re-inker
  5. die cut for window -- I used an oval Nestibilities die
  6. white cardstock
  7. patterned paper
  8. contrasting cardstock
Take the small bag and squirt about a third of a travel size bottle of hand sanitizer into it and seal. You can also use hair gel.


Some hand sanitizers and hair gels come in colors, but I only had clear so I added a few drops of aqua alcohol ink. I wanted the color to be light so that my image would show up better.  I also added some blue/purple mica chips to it . Glitter would work well too.


On white cardstock stamp your image in the middle and color. Then adhere the bag over the image using Tear-ific Tape.


Adhere patterned paper onto white cardstock and cut window using the die.



Using the oval dies, cut a frame from the contrasting color cardstock to place around the window.


Pop dot this layer over the image and embellish. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed the technique today. Please stop by next week for a glittery technique!

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Elwood stamp
  2. Tear-ific Tape
  3. Blue Jewel glitter
  4. Waterscape glitter



1 comment:

Brenda said...

Cute! Love the purples & teals!

Blog Archive